Scholarship examinations in 2023 for 2024 entry:
- Applications open - Wednesday 9 November 2022 at 9am AEST
- Applications close - Tuesday 17 January 2023 at 5pm AEST
- Scholarship examinations - Saturday morning, 4 February 2023. Please be seated in the Memorial Hall by 8:45am
- Music Scholarship auditions - Sunday 5 February 2023 at 8:45am AEST
Scotch College offers scholarships to boys of demonstrated academic potential who possess the capacity to enrich the life of the School and influence for the greater good.
The Scholarship programme enables such boys to attend Scotch regardless of the financial circumstances of their families. Generations of scholarship recipients have enhanced the intellectual and social diversity of the School, and, in all considerations, preference is given to boys whose families wouldn’t otherwise be able to send their sons to Scotch.
All boys seeking a scholarship must sit the Scholarship Examination held at the School. This consists of examination papers written by the School in Mathematics, English and the humanities. As part of the application process, boys and their families are asked to expand on, and give evidence of, particular interests, passions and talents, be they academic or otherwise.
Boys who perform well in the Scholarship Examination and impress with their submitted applications, are invited for interview with the Principal and (separately) the Academic Extension Coordinator. Those attending the interviews also complete a further online test of academic potential.
Each year, of the scholarships offered, a number are specifically designated for boys who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend the School.
Scholarships may be awarded for:
- Academic ability
- Means Tested (including Alexander Wright Wales Memorial Scholarships)
- Music (for boys with a passion for, and proven talent in, music)
- Boarding (for interstate and rural boys seeking a boarding experience)
- Indigenous students (see also Indigenous Partnerships)
The Scholarship Examination is open to all boys who are not yet attending the Scotch College Senior School. Scholarships are offered for entry to the Senior School in Year 7, Year 9 and Year 10. Applicants for music scholarships must also complete an audition, which is held at the School.
How to enter - Scholarships for 2024
Please click the link below to register your Scholarship Application online.
Text space is limited. If you are unable to complete your son’s details in the spaces provided you will need to email any additional information to the Admissions Office.
Scotch College Collection Notice