Senior School Swap Shop
The Senior Swap Shop is run by the Scotch College Senior School Swap Shop Auxiliary.
Pre-owned uniform items are available for purchase from the Senior School Swap Shop within The Scotch Shop at 4 Morrison St Hawthorn.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Saturday (1st of every month) 9-11am
Special opening times will be communicated via email as required.
All sales are processed via your son’s school account.
Please note: Swap Shop does not exchange or refund purchase so we suggest you have your son try on all apparel before purchase.
Senior School Swap Shop accepts all freshly washed uniform items as a donation. Donations can be left in a box at the schools main reception or The Scotch Shop during opening hours.
1. The Senior School Swap Shop accepts the following items for consignment provided they are in good condition, clean, pressed and not requiring any mending (including buttons or trouser hooks).
- Suit Coats
- Jumpers, both grey and VCE (with “Year 12” only embroidery)
- Shell jackets (also known as slicker, current version)
- New Sports uniform only (introduced end of 2020 for wear in 2021)
- Candy coat, dry-cleaned with special pocket removed. Pin original pocket onto the coat if exists.
- ALL OTHER UNIFORM ITEMS ARE CONSIDERED A DONATION.
2. Any consigned item in an unsatisfactory condition (unclean or requiring mending) will be deemed a donation.
3. Any uniform item, which becomes obsolete will be removed from consignment and donated to a Scotch community project where possible.
4. If an item is not sold within 2 years of consignment it will be deemed a donation.
5. For items sold on consignment Swap Shop credits two thirds of the sale proceeds back to your school account. For families who have left the school a cheque for two thirds of the sale proceeds will be sent out once a year. Accumulated sales of less than $10 are considered a donation.
Items to be consigned can be left in a bag at reception with a completed consignment form (see below) or at the Scotch Shop.
NEW VOLUNTEERS ALWAYS WELCOME:
Would you like to make some new friends in your son’s year level & have a spare 2 hours per month become a Swap Shop volunteer. Just send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, mobile number, working with children number and email address.
SWAP SHOP PROCEEDS:
Proceeds from the Senior School Swap Shop are used to support School projects and general student activities within the school as well as charitable projects.
Please contact Sarah Crummy, President Scotch College Senior School Swap Shop on email@example.com or call 0417355702 if you have any questions.
Items to be consigned can be left in a bag at reception or at the Scotch Shop with a completed consignment form.