CRICKET: McLeod Club
The Club was established to provide assistance for cricketers at Scotch and to strengthen links be- tween the School, parents and Old Boys. Our name was derived from the four McLeod brothers: Bob, Charley, Dan and Harry, who all played cricket for the School – with Charley and Dan later playing for Australia at Test level.
Our focus is to foster the sense of a cricketing community within the School and, wherever possible, to provide practical assistance in helping boys at all levels develop their skills.
In 2013, the McLeod Club will purchase computer and scoring equipment and contribute to the UK Cricket Tour and, through the parent group, also provide support to the coaching staff.
The McLeod Club also hosts or provides support for a number of events throughout the year including:
- A season launch function in November
- A barbecue for Year 7 cricketers and their parents in early 2013
- A trophy presentation night in late March
The cricket newsletter, Bowled Over, will also contain match reports and will be available on the Scotch website.
The McLeod Club will undertake a number of fund raising initiatives in 2013 including a major raffle and barbecue in February/March.
The School conducts a number of tours for selected cricketers on an annual or bi-annual basis including:
- an England tour for a 1st XI development squad for boys in Years 10 and 11
- the ‘Southern Skies Challenge’ in Brisbane each year for Year 9/10 cricketers
- a Scots College, Sydney tour for the 1st XI squad (next Sydney tour in January 2014)
- an annual exchange programme for three Year 9 boys to King Edwards School, Birmingham (UK)
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
The McLeod Club is committed to providing support to the broader Scotch College cricket community. We are, therefore, particularly keen to hear from parents who would like to assist either at committee level or simply be a helper on a specific project. The committee meets monthly (October to March) and bi-monthly (April-September).