SKIING/BOARDING: SnowSports Club
Scotch provides boys with fabulous opportunities to get involved in SnowSports. A camp is run each year for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers and snowboarders. These are to be held at Mt Buller, Mt Hotham and Queenstown in New Zealand. The SnowSports Club was formed nine years ago to provide support to the staff organising School ski teams for the Victorian and National Interschools competition.
Victorian Interschools Competition are held at Mt Buller in August and later in the year, for those qualifying for the National’s, which
this year will also be held at Mt Buller in September. Boys at a variety of levels of skiing and snowboarding proficiency are all invited and are able to participate.
For the Victorian InterSchools, Scotch holds a trials weekend in July for Junior and senior boys, at Mt Buller. Boys are entered in time trials for skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing and gradings for moguls. Staff then select all teams and parents help organise team managers, course officials, general support to all boys at race events, social get togethers, and the presentation night. Funds raised at our function early in the year enable us to offer some extra race- training and cross country-training lessons to the boys and to subsidise the costs of travel, and race entry and the Presentation Night.
- Pre-season Information Night at School on the 21st March for students to collect our Handbook and Expression of Interest Form
- Team breakfast for all junior and senior Snowsports team members. Last week of term two.
- Training – Camps 19th to 21st July at Hotham and 7th to 13th July in Queenstown (Intermediate) and 20th to 23rd July at Mt Buller (Beginner)
- The Victorian InterSchools competition held at Mt Buller 19th to 23rd August.
- The National InterSchools competition held in Mt Buller 4th to 7th September.
- Get-together in Melbourne for parents prior to the season on the 15th May and at Mt Buller on the Trials weekend. On the 27th July.
- Presentation Night event to acknowledge all boys who have competed during the season. On the 16th October.
- Family Day – The Club runs an information stall and display of activities during the season.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- All interested parents are encouraged to attend our committee meetings held in the afternoon at School approximately twice a term
- Contact SnowSports Club President. In particular , providing your email address will ensure you receive all SnowSports communications
- Come to our Pre-season Information Night and our Cocktail Party
The staff involved at both Junior and Senior levels are wonderfully enthusiastic with Scotch having great successes over the past years. We look forward to you and your son’s participation.