The Role of the JSPA
The Junior School Parents Association represents all parents in the Junior School. Each year the JSPA arranges a number of functions and activities to support the School, individual year levels, and our boys. It also provides a means through which parents can meet other members of the Scotch Family.
A 14-member Committee is formed annually to execute the work of the JSPA. Some of the areas of involvement of the JSPA are as follows:
- To operate the Junior School Swap Shop
- To operate the Junior School Tuckerbox Program
- To oversee and guide Class Representatives in the organisation of year level social functions
- To provide voluntary parent assistance in many areas of school life
- To organise school social functions as well as fundraising events
- To act as a forum for procedures and innovations within the Junior School
- To organise charitable endeavours such as food rescue, clothes recycling and donations
- To be involved in Family Day
Support from parents is paramount to the success of the JSPA. All parents are encouraged to participate actively in various functions, as well as responding to requests for assistance. Your contribution will make a difference!