Message From The Principal - 9th June 2021
9th June 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
On a damp, dark afternoon, I hope I bring good cheer when informing, that, from Friday, 11th June, until hopefully the end of time, all boys can return to on campus learning. Boarding Houses will be open for all boarders and we look forward to welcoming back the boys who call Scotch home, understanding that some may still be barred from making such journey.
By way of summary:
- From Friday, 11th June, all boys, Prep to Year 12, return to on campus learning, with boys in Years 9, 10 and 11 undertaking examinations.
- The boarding houses are open for the return of all boarders and further relevant information will be communicated to boarding families.
- Senior school boys are required to wear masks indoors and outside when not possible to appropriately (1.5m) socially distance.
- Sports training resumes.
- The Winter Concert has been postponed from Friday, 11th June to Wednesday, 21st July.
- The Cordner Eggleston Cup and the Rose and Thistle Cup have been postponed from Friday, 18th June to Friday, 13th August at Flack Park. There will also be fixtures for basketball and hockey against Melbourne Grammar School on this day.
Further information will follow regarding other events.
Whilst the restrictions of lockdown are, generally, universal for all in our community, the School is cognisant that the consequences are different for each boy and family, and may well continue beyond a return to School. The School is here to support boys and families. Staff are sensitive to, and observant of, manifestations of ongoing uncertainty and disrupted learning. To assist, I ask that you bring forward, at earliest convenience, any concerns you might have to your son’s Classroom Teacher (Junior School), Form Teacher (Middle School) or Head of House (Upper School).
I am confident that you share my hope that this is the last such letter I will need to write. It is a team effort, and, as always, your support through this latest disruption has been greatly appreciated.