Working at Scotch
Scotch College is a dynamic and exciting place to develop your career. The School has a culture of hard work, commitment and compassion and our team is dedicated to the education and development of all the boys in our care. We are focussed on excellence in teaching and learning while inspiring boys to connect to their individual passions and interests. We value tolerance and diversity of thought, understanding and inclusion of others.
Scotch College is affiliated with the Presbyterian Church of Victoria and support of the School’s Christian philosophy and co-curriculum is an expectation of all staff.
Accredited as a Safe School by the Australian Childhood Foundation, Scotch College is fully committed to the protection of children and young people. All employees are required to go through a thorough reference and qualifications checking process prior to any appointment. Completion of regular Safeguarding and other related training is mandatory for continued employment.
What we look for
- Values of excellence, collaboration and compassion
- Honesty, integrity and respect
- Mastery of subject knowledge
- Ability to design and deliver world-class curriculum (teaching roles)
- Ability to relate to children and young people
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience
- Commitment to the whole school program
Working with us
Some of the many benefits of working at Scotch College are:
- State-of-the-art teaching and learning facilities
- Opportunities for ongoing professional and personal development
- Study tours for teaching staff
- Generous leave entitlements
- Staff wellness activities including gym and swimming pool access, yoga sessions and interest groups
- Access to extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Easy access via public transport and onsite parking
How to apply
To apply for a role at Scotch, you will need to include:
- a cover letter
- your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume
- the full contact details of at least three professional referees
- your Working With Children Check details (WWCC) or VIT registration
Please address your application to the Director of Human Resources and email to email@example.com
Expressions of Interest
General expressions of interest in working at Scotch College, including casual relief teaching, administration support and future teaching opportunities in our Junior or Senior schools should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All expressions of interest should include a CV and cover letter.
Read our Child Protection Commitment Statement